I have been meaning to start a journal/log/diary to jot down some of the memorable things the kids say and do from time to time but until today it never occured to use a blog. Why not! I regret all the things I've forgotton because I didn't write them down but I will look forever to having a record starting today. It will be log format so please forgive my spelling and grammar.
Taran: At Flat top park today we had the playground to ourselves (not unusual) for a good 30-40 minutes after which a mother and her daughter and son joined us. Taran was delighted to see other kids. He was beaming as he headed towards them "to play". They were, as it turns out, on the cautious and shy side but Taran still persisted. I encouraged him to say Hi and say, "my name is Taran". He chased after them and as he passed their mother he called out, "I'm going to make introductions!" I have no idea where he got that. He caught up to them and was out of ear shot from me but I saw him talking to the daugher. She was 7 and her brother was 3 I learned after chatting with the mom. Shortly aftwards they had to leave. Later I asked Taran what he said and he had the following story.
He claims he offered them pizza but they both replied, "No we do not want pizza. We don't like pizza". Taran than "threw all the pizzas away" but then the kids changed their minds so he got on his rollar skates and delivered some cheese pizzas to them. I don't know what the actual exchange was but found Taran's embellished fictional version very amusing. He added at bedtime that he really liked the girl and next time he would ask her name.
Tovi was happy to interact as well. She ran up to the mom waving with one hand and holding out a tiny green plastic pellet (from an air gun?) that she had found on the ground. The mom was very pleasant and chatted back as Tovi described in great detail how wonderful her treasure was. Tovi does have a number of words but many of them do not sound very close to what she thinks shes saying. I've been told my early speech was similar.
Tuesday, April 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment